Woodward Day School
The Woodward Day School (WDS) is a transitional alternative school operating in three separate sites. We provide small, structured learning environments (8:1 student-to-staff ratio) to students who have been excluded from their home schools under MGL 37H or have a pending felony charge and are suspended under MGL 37H 1/2 or MGL 37H 3/4. Our motto is, "You can't change your past, but you can change your future!".
WDS's mission is based on the premise that all students can learn. The staff defines and measures learning through the academic, social, and emotional growth of our regular and special education student population. Students at WDS receive a comprehensive education with a strong academic focus in a safe, nurturing, respectful, and healthy environment.
- Model and expect mutual respect
- Maintain high academic expecations for all students
- Treat every student equally, and as unique individuals
- Identify student's needs, modify curriculum, adapt instruction to enhance and support the learning process
- Emphasize pro-social skills and character education